The Beatles were an English rock band formed in Liverpool in 1960. The members consisted of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr. They are regarded as the most popular and influential music band in history.
They have sold more than 800 million records worldwide and had hits like “Please Please Me”, “Let It Be”, “Hey Jude” etc. Their songs are still loved by the youth all over the world.
Here is a list of top 10 greatest songs of this legendary band which you should know about if you love music:-
1) She Loves You (1963) :- This song was released on 22nd August 1963 and was written by John Lennon & Paul McCartney while it was composed by the former. It is a popular song from their first album by the same name.
2) Yesterday (1965):- This song was released on 9th September 1965 and is a pop ballad written by John Lennon and credited to Lennon–McCartney. The song appeared on the United Kingdom version of their Help! Album
3) A Hard Day’s Night (1964):- This classic tune from Beatles was released as a single on 10th July 1964 as per US format and 17th July 1964 as per UK Format.It was included in their album of the same name which reached number one in the United States and number one in the United Kingdom.
4) Can’t Buy Me Love (1964 – This single hit of Beatles was released on 10th March 1964. It was composed by Paul McCartney and written by the duo of Lennon-McCartney. The song spent five weeks at number one on Billboard Hot 100
5) Ticket To Ride (1965 – This single hit from their album Help was released in 1965 as a double A side along with Day Tripper which reached number two in the United States and number one in Britain. The song was composed by John Lennon & Paul McCartney while it was placed 2nd spot behind Rubber Soul.
6) Hey Jude (1968 – This classic Beatles love ballad was included in their seventh studio album, titled ‘The Beatles’ also known as the “White Album”. It remained at number one for nine weeks running on Billboards Hot 100 and topped the charts in many countries. The song was written by Paul McCartney and credited to Lennon–McCartney.
7) I Want To Hold Your Hand (1963 – This single hit single from their Meet the Beatles album became a massive hit worldwide and was at number one spot for seven straight weeks on Billboards Hot 100. It was composed by John Lennon & Paul McCartney while it’s B-side, I Saw Her Standing There also reached number one on Billboard 200 singles chart.
8) Yesterday (1965):- This song was released on 9th September 1965 and is a pop ballad written by John Lennon and credited to Lennon–McCartney. The song appeared on the United version of their Help! Album.
9) A Day In the Life (1967 – The song was placed at number two on Rollingstones list of ‘The 500 Greatest Songs of All Time’. It’s a symphonic psychedelic rock song with a duration more than seven minutes and features a piano chord echoing the famous dissonant final chord of Symphony No. 7 by Ludwig van Beethoven. It was also listed as the best Beatles song of all time in polls by Mojo, NME and Uncut magazines.
10) Come Together (1969 – This single hit from Abbey Road album made it to number one on Billboard Hot 100 charts for three weeks after its release which is said to mark the end of “Beatlemania Paul McCartney wrote this track while it was co-written by John Lennon. The song also features a guitar riff by George Harrison which is said to have been the inspiration for the song ”Smells Like Teen Spirit’ of Nirvana band.