There’s no question that Andrew Wiggins is one of the most talented young players in the NBA today. With his freakish athleticism and scoring ability, Wiggins has already become a fan favorite in Minnesota. As he continues to develop, Wiggins is sure to make even more of an impact on the court. In honor of Wiggins’ impressive debut season, let’s take a look at 10 facts about the rising superstar.
1. Wiggins was born in Toronto, Canada, on February 23, 1995.
2. Wiggins is 6’8″ tall and plays small forward and shooting guard.
3. Wiggins attended high school at Huntington Prep in West Virginia.
4. In 2013, Wiggins was named the Gatorade National Player of the Year and Mr. Basketball USA.
5. Wiggins played one season of college basketball at Kansas before declaring for the NBA Draft in 2014.
6. Wiggins was selected with the first overall pick by the Cleveland Cavaliers in the 2014 NBA Draft.
7. Wiggins won the NBA Rookie of the Year Award in 2015 after averaging 16.9 points per game.
8. Wiggins was traded to the Minnesota Timberwolves in 2015 as part of a package deal that sent Kevin Love to the Cavaliers.
9. Wiggins averaged 23.6 points per game in 2016-17, his best season to date.
10. Wiggins has represented Canada in international competition on several occasions, winning a gold medal at the 2015 Pan American Games.