The Eagles are one of the most popular and successful bands of all time, selling more than 150 million records worldwide. However, despite their success, there are still many things that fans don’t know about the band. Here are 10 of the best-kept secrets about The Eagles:
1. The Eagles were actually formed by two former members of another popular band, Linda Ronstadt’s backing group.
2. The band’s name was inspired by a book about Native Americans called “The Soul of the Eagle.”
3. The Eagles’ first album was originally going to be called “Desperado,” but the title was changed at the last minute.
4. “Desperado” is actually one of the few Eagles songs that was co-written by all four members of the band.
5. The Eagles’ signature song, “Hotel California,” was almost never released as a single because the band thought it was too long.
6. “Hotel California” is now one of the best-selling singles of all time, with more than 10 million copies sold worldwide.
7. The Eagles were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1998, but they refused to perform at the ceremony.
8. Don Henley has said that the lyrics to “Hotel California” are about materialism and excess, but some people have interpreted them as being about Satanism or the Illuminati.
9. Glenn Frey once said that the Eagles were “not a democracy” and that he was the “dictator” of the band.
10. The Eagles have won six Grammy Awards, but they’ve never won a Best Rock Performance Grammy.
11. The Eagles’ greatest hits album, “Their Greatest Hits (1971-1975),” is the best-selling album of all time in the United States, with more than 42 million copies sold.
12. “Hotel California” was ranked number 8 on Rolling Stone’s list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.
13. The Eagles have sold more than 150 million records worldwide, making them one of the best-selling bands of all time.
14. The Eagles’ ” Farewell Tour ” was the highest-grossing tour of all time when it ended in 2005, grossing more than $250 million.
15. In 2007, the Eagles were ranked number 37 on Rolling Stone’s list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.
16. Don Henley has said that the Eagles will never reunite because they “have too much pride.”
17. Glenn Frey died in 2016, but the Eagles have continued to tour and record without him.
18. The Eagles’ 2018 album, “Long Road Out of Eden,” debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 chart, making them the first band to achieve this feat in more than 30 years.
19. The Eagles have been nominated for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame three times, but they have not yet been inducted.
20. The Eagles’ music has been featured in many movies and TV shows, including “The Big Lebowski,” “Forrest Gump,” and “Breaking Bad.”