What do you know about Blackpink? In all likelihood, not much. The K-pop quartet is one of the industry’s most secretive acts, rarely giving interviews and keeping a tight lid on their personal lives. Even with their rising global profile, much about Blackpink remains unknown to fans. But that’s starting to change. As the group gears up for their first world tour, more details are emerging about the girls – and we’ve gathered the 20 juiciest secrets for you here. From Lisa’s surprising past to Jennie’s hidden tattoos, there’s a lot to learn about Blackpink. So get ready to dive in!
1. Blackpink is one of the most popular K-pop groups in the world, but there are still some things that fans may not know about them.
2. The group was originally supposed to be a quartet, but one member dropped out before their debut.
3. Blackpink’s Lisa is actually from Thailand, and she is the only non-Korean member of the group.
4. Jennie was supposed to debut as a solo artist before she joined Blackpink.
5. The group’s name was almost something else entirely – they were originally going to be called “Pink Punk”.
6. Jisoo is the only member of Blackpink who cannot speak English fluently.
7. Lisa is an accomplished dancer, and she has won several awards for her skills.
8. Jennie is the fashionista of the group, and she often gets compliments on her style.
9. Blackpink is the first K-pop group to perform at Coachella, and they are also the highest-charting K-pop group on the Billboard Hot 100.
10. The group is currently working on their first full-length album, which is set to be released sometime in 2020.
11. Blackpink has released a number of successful singles, including “Ddu-Du Ddu-Du”, “Kill This Love”, and “As If It’s Your Last”.
12. The group has also been featured on several popular songs, including “Sour Candy” by Lady Gaga and “Kiss and Make Up” by Dua Lipa.
13. Blackpink is managed by YG Entertainment, which is one of the biggest entertainment companies in South Korea.
14. The group is known for their powerful stage presence, and they often put on amazing performances.
15. Blackpink has a large and passionate fanbase, known as “Blinks”.
16. The group is set to embark on a world tour in 2020, which will take them to various countries around the globe.
17. Blackpink is one of the most followed groups on social media, and they have millions of fans across the world.
18. The group has won several awards, including the “Best New Artist” award at the 2016 Mnet Asian Music Awards.
19. Blackpink is breaking records with their success, and they are quickly becoming one of the biggest names in music.
20. There is no doubt that Blackpink is one of the most popular K-pop groups in the world, and they are only going to continue to rise in popularity.