Kim Petras is a rising star in the music industry, known for her unique sound that blends pop with electronic beats. Here are the top 10 secrets about this talented performer that you probably didn’t know:
1. Kim Petras was born in Cologne, Germany, in 1992. She grew up in a small town and started singing at a young age.
2. Petras became one of the youngest people to undergo gender confirmation surgery at the age of 16. Her music often explores themes of gender and identity.
3. She gained fame with the release of her debut single “I Don’t Want It All” in 2017, which quickly garnered over a million streams on Spotify.
4. Petras has collaborated with other pop stars, such as Charli XCX and SOPHIE, on several songs.
5. Despite her success, Petras has faced criticism from some who have accused her of cultural appropriation for her use of hip-hop and trap beats in her music.
6. Petras has cited Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera as major influences on her music, and has covered several of their songs in her live performances.
7. She is also an avid fan of horror movies, and often incorporates spooky themes into her music videos, such as in her single “Heart to Break.”
8. Petras has been praised for her live performances, often donning elaborate costumes and showcasing her powerful vocals.
9. In addition to her music career, Petras has also been featured in several fashion campaigns, including a collaboration with Fendi.
10. Despite her young age, Petras has already achieved significant success and has been named one of the most promising new artists in the pop music scene.