Doobie Brothers have been around since the early 1970s, and they continue to make music today. While they are not as popular as they once were, they still have a large following. Here are 10 secrets about the Doobie Brothers.
1. The band was originally called Pud.
Doobie Brothers was actually the band’s second name. They changed it because there was already a band called Pud.
2. The band’s name comes from a slang term for marijuana.
Doobie is a slang term for marijuana, and the band got its name from that.
3. The band has had a number of lineup changes over the years.
The band has gone through a lot of lineup changes since it formed in the early 1970s. In fact, there have been over 25 different members over the years.
4. The band’s biggest hit was “What a Fool Believes.”
“What a Fool Believes” is the Doobie Brothers’ biggest hit song. It was released in 1978 and spent two weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
5. The band has won four Grammy Awards.
The Doobie Brothers have won four Grammy Awards over the years. They won their first in 1978 for Best Pop Vocal Performance by a Duo or Group for “What a Fool Believes.”
6. The band released its latest album in 2013.
The band’s most recent album is called “Southbound.” It was released in 2013 and features the songs “I’m an American,” “Southbound” and “One Step Closer.”
7. The band is made up of four members: Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons, Michael McDonald and John McFee.
The current lineup of the Doobie Brothers is Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons, Michael McDonald and John McFee.
8. The band has sold over 40 million albums worldwide.
The Doobie Brothers have sold over 40 million albums worldwide since they first started making music in the 1970s.
9. The band is currently on tour.
The Doobie Brothers are currently on tour and are scheduled to perform in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Europe throughout 2016 and 2017.
10. The band’s latest album, “Southbound,” is a tribute to Southern rockers like Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers Band.
“Southbound” is the Doobie Brothers’ latest album and it is a tribute to Southern rockers like Lynyrd Skynyrd and the Allman Brothers Band. The album features covers of songs by those bands, as well as original songs written by the Doobie Brothers.