What do The Velvet Underground, pizza and a vacuum have in common? The Pizza Underground, that’s what. This bizarre band takes the music of Lou Reed and Andy Warhol’s favorite rock group and sets it to the background of everyone’s favorite food. With lyrics about pizza toppings and references to “pepperoni legends,” this is one band you don’t want to miss. Here are 10 facts about The Pizza Underground that will make you love them even more.
1. The Pizza Underground was founded by actor Macaulay Culkin and his friends in 2012.
2. The band’s music is a mix of punk rock and pop, with lyrics that parody or pay tribute to classic rock songs.
3. The Pizza Underground has released two albums, “The Pizza Underground” (2013) and “MOVE!” (2014).
4. In 2014, the band toured the United States, Europe and Australia.
5. The Pizza Underground has been described as “the greatest pizza-themed band in history” by Time magazine.
6. In 2015, the band won an MTV Video Music Award for Best Web Born Artist.
7. The Pizza Underground has been criticized for its name and music, with some critics calling the band a “novelty act.”
8. In 2016, the band broke up, with Culkin citing creative differences as the reason for the split.
9. The Pizza Underground reunited in 2018 and continues to tour and release new music.
10. The Pizza Underground is one of the most unique and innovative bands around today.