Greta Thunberg has achieved a great deal of success in her activism for climate change. Her achievements include:
1. Greta was the youngest-ever recipient of the 2019 Gulbenkian Prize for Humanity, an award that recognizes individuals or organizations that have made outstanding contributions to tackling global issues and building a more sustainable planet.
2. Greta was one of Time’s most influential people for 2019 and was featured on the cover of their magazine.
3. Greta founded Fridays For Future, a global climate strike movement that has spread across the world and inspired millions to take part in protests demanding action against climate change.
4. Greta has addressed international forums such as the United Nations Climate Action Summit and the European Parliament.
5. Greta was chosen as one of the winners of the 2019 Right Livelihood Award, which is sometimes referred to as an “alternative Nobel Prize” for recognizing those dedicated to societal change.
6. Greta was named a person of the year for 2019 by multiple publications such as The Guardian, Fortune, Time Magazine, and more.
7. Greta was awarded a Deutsche Welle Freedom Of Speech award in recognition of her impactful activism and the global movement she created.
8. Greta has been nominated for numerous awards including the Nobel Peace Prize (which she ultimately won) and the World’s Children’s Prize.
9. Greta was named one of the world’s 100 most influential people by The Guardian in 2019, and was noted as having a “profound global impact”.
10. Greta was given an honorary degree from the University of Mons for her commitment to protecting our planet’s resources and environment.
Greta Thunberg has achieved remarkable feats since beginning her activism in 2018 and she continues to be a powerful voice for climate change issues all around the world. Her work is inspiring others to take action and make their own contributions towards a sustainable future. Greta is certainly making waves on the global stage and it will be interesting to see what else she can accomplish in the years ahead.