1. As of 2018, the Warriors are the only team to have won an NBA championship with a lineup of five All-Star players. In 2017, they became the first team in NBA history to win an NBA title with four All-Stars in their starting line up: Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green.
2. The Warriors had the highest winning percentage out of any team during the 2015–16 season finishing with 73 wins and 9 losses for a .890 win percentage that has yet to be beaten.
3. Between 2014–15 and 2016–17 seasons, Golden State Warriors led all teams in total three-pointers made every season with 1,077 in 2014–15, 1,077 in 2015–16 and a record-breaking 1,323 in 2016–17.
4. Golden State has been linked to some of the greatest players in NBA history, such as Wilt Chamberlain, Rick Barry and Stephen Curry.
5. The Warriors hold the record for the longest winning streak in NBA regular season history–winning 16 games straight during the 2015–16 season. With this win streak they set a new single-season record with 73 wins that season.
6. The Warriors have only had one unanimous MVP in the team’s history – Stephen Curry in 2015–16 season. He also holds a record for most three-pointers made in a single season with 402 threes during that same year.
7. In 2016, Golden State became the first team to reach 10 straight postseasons since San Antonio appeared in 19 consecutive playoff appearances between 1998–99 and 2016–17 seasons. This streak of 10 consecutive postseason appearances is an NBA Record.
8. Since 2014, the Warriors have won four division titles (2014, 2015, 2016 & 2018) and three championships (2015, 2017 & 2018). They are currently looking to defend their title as they make an unprecedented fifth straight appearance in the NBA Finals.
9. The Golden State Warriors are one of the most valuable franchises in the league, estimated at $3.1 billion, according to Forbes. This makes them the third most valuable team in the NBA behind only the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers.
10. As a tribute to their former home, Oracle Arena, in 2018 Golden State opened up Chase Center, their new stadium located in San Francisco’s Mission Bay neighborhood and part of Thrive City – an area of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues around the arena’s perimeter. With over 18,000 seats it is now one of the largest arenas in the NBA.
11. Golden State has made a name for itself with its exceptional home-court advantage, going 428–22 in regular-season games at Oracle Arena from 2012–2019. This is the best home record of any franchise during this time frame. The Warriors also maintained an impressive winning streak at home that lasted 79 consecutive games from 2014 to 2017 – a feat unmatched by any other team in NBA history. Now, with the move to Chase Center, Golden State will look to continue their success on their new court!
12. As of 2019, the Warriors have won five championships since 1947 and had three all-time MVPs: Wilt Chamberlain (1959), Rick Barry (1975) and Stephen Curry (2015). They are one of the most successful teams in NBA history and have one of the most passionate fan bases in the league. With a core group of players that is second to none, Golden State has become a powerhouse in the NBA with no signs of slowing down anytime soon. Whether they will be able to defend their title this year or not, Warriors fans are sure to enjoy cheering on their team for years to come! Go Dubs!
This concludes our list of top 12 secrets about Golden State Warriors Basketball. The Warriors have been at the top of their game since 2014–15 season and show no signs of slowing down any time soon. With an unparalleled home-court advantage and some of the greatest players in NBA history, it’s no surprise that the Warriors are one of the most successful teams in the league. Their fans have a lot to look forward to and we can’t wait to see what’s next for this team! Go Dubs!