Tory Lanez is a Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter and producer of hip-hop, R&B and dancehall music. Tory’s birth name is Daystar Peterson but he has become known under his stage name Tory Lanez in recent years. Tory was born in Toronto on July 27th 1992 and began making music while still in high school. Here are the top 10 facts about Tory Lanez:
1. Tory released his first mixtape ‘T Loose Cannon Saves The World’ at the age of 16.
2. He made his major label debut with Lost Cause in 2012 which was led by the single ‘Say It’, followed by I Told You (2016), Memories Don’t Die (2018) and Chixtape 5 (2019).
3. Tory Lanez has collaborated with some of the biggest names in hip hop, including Drake, Chris Brown and Meek Mill.
4. Tory made history in 2019 when he became the first artist to have two songs go platinum simultaneously on RIAA’s Top Hip-Hop charts for their singles ‘Luv’ and ‘Say It’.
5. Tory released his second studio album “Memories Don’t Die” in 2018 which debuted at number three on the US Billboard 200 chart and was supported by a tour with rapper Future.
6. Tory was featured on the hit single ‘Controlla’ by Drake in 2016.
7. Tory Lanez has won several awards, including the Juno Award for R&B/Soul Recording of the Year in 2017 and two BET Awards in 2019 for Best New Artist and Video of the Year.
8. Tory is also a fashion designer and launched his own clothing label ‘Hussle Gang’ in 2019.
9. Tory Lanez has acted in television series such as The Shannara Chronicles (2016) and Fox’s Empire (2017).
10. Tory’s latest album, Chixtape 5, was released on November 15th 2019 to critical acclaim and debuted at number one on the US Billboard 200 chart. Tory continues to be a powerful force in the music industry today.
These are the top 10 facts about Tory Lanez, an influential Canadian artist who is constantly pushing boundaries and creating new sounds. He has achieved considerable success in both the music and fashion worlds, making him one of most talented names in hip hop today. Tory continues to break barriers and inspire people all around the world with his artistry.