The 18-year-old Jack Hughes is a center for the United States National Team and is expected to be one of the first players taken in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft. Hughes has set numerous records as a youth player, and many experts believe he has the potential to become one of the best players in the league. Here are 10 facts about Jack Hughes that you may not know.
1. Jack Hughes was born on May 14, 2001, in Orlando, Florida.
2. His father, Stan Hughes, played professional hockey for the New York Islanders and Los Angeles Kings.
3. Jack began skating at the age of three and started playing organized hockey at five.
4. He played for the USA Hockey National Team Development Program from 2016 to 2018.
5. Hughes was drafted first overall by the New Jersey Devils in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft.
6. He made his NHL debut on October 4, 2019, against the Winnipeg Jets.
7. Hughes scored his first NHL goal on October 18, 2019, against the Nashville Predators.
8. He represented the United States at the 2020 World Junior Championship, winning a gold medal.
9. Hughes was named one of the NHL’s Three Stars of the Week for the week of January 20, 2020.
10. He was named to the NHL All-Rookie Team for the 2019-20 season.